Sunday 18 November 2012

Tutorial 1 Part 3


Write a piece of dialogue involving the central character and one other - neither of whom are capable of saying what they really want to say.  

Admin Assistant:  Mr Breckenridge, I was hoping that you’d had time to sign the…sir are you all right.
Senior AA:  (distracted)   Uh-huh. Sorry Jenny I was just… what do you see there?
Jenny:  Where sir?
Mr Breckenridge:  On the table, there – what do you see?
Jenny:  Well nothing – just your sandwich, is it?
Mr Breckenridge:  No Jenny it’s not just my sandwich, it is in fact the last meal of a condemned man, wrapped tight in an invisible skin, just like me, ready to be consumed. As I am. (looks at open window)
Jenny: I’m sorry sir I don’t…
Mr Breckenridge:  No.  Course you don’t.  Course you don’t.  Everything all right with you, Jenny, is it?
Jenny: Oh yes Mr Breckenridge. Going out tonight with my friend Hannah, can’t wait – we’re all meeting at the skate park and going on to that new…sir, are you all right?
Mr Breckenridge: Yes Jenny I’m fine – you run along to that umm – skate park with ahh…Leona, is it? And, I’ll be along directly.
Jenny:  Mr Breckenridge?  Sir?    No, I what I meant to say was that I’m going out tonight with my friends not going anywhere at the mo -.  You are all right aren’t you, Mr Breckenridge?
Mr Breckenridge: She’s leaving me.
Jenny: Who? (longish pause). Who…’s leaving you Mr Breckenridge?
Mr Breckenridge: You see that bread roll Jenny – ham and lettuce, my favourite fillings. Mrs Breckenridge made that for me this very morning. Left it on the kitchen top. By the toaster.
Jenny:  I… don’t understand.
SAA: Nor me Jenny.  Nor me. More things in Heaven and Earth eh?
Jenny: I’ll just leave these on the desk if that’s all right Mr Breckenridge. (exits nervously)  

           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.