Tuesday 27 September 2011

Another Freewrite

Just noticed that the book is asking for three or four. Damn! Ah well...'The truth is'... I really didn't want to buy the Dark Aubergine Ford Mondeo that was sat gleaming in the showroom during the month of November in the year 1996. I mean the car was nothing more than a revamped Sierra and they were driven by reps and grandfathers only. I was barely 35 years old. Too soon to put conventionality before style. Too soon to come over all pragmatic rather than outrageously stylistic, there was after all a lovely little Alpha next door. Probably breakdown every five minutes, but what style you can break down in. And consider what kind of a bird you're going to be standing on the roadside with - thanks to being an owner of an Alpha Romeo. Pragmatic? Go hang. Give me uncertainty. Keep your solid reliable hunk of boredom for your pots salesman's and Sunday driving 70 somethings - I'm not ready.

Done. In one lick. A lot of it is true too. But am I doing this right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.