Tuesday 27 September 2011

Freewrite

Breaths. *Flexes fingers* *Cracks.* 'It surprised me when'... I walked to the beach the following morning after our midnight arrival to our apartments in Crete. I expected golden sand, or sand at least. I expected to see people sat on the sand - with row upon row of multi coloured parosals lined up like regimental guards, with the occasional one recumbent, like regimental guards parading in the beating sun. I didn't expect to see stones, and jetsam and a solitary dog walker hunched over against the wind mournfully watching his dog snuffling around the sand like a truffle hunting pig. And no one in the sea. No bobbing heads and shouts of glee and splish, splash splosh and the pock pock plop of bat and ball. Just a lone bouy, bobbing about like the bloated corpse of a failed channel swimmer.

Done in a hit. One typo. Corpse became corpose which I don't think is a word. I won't do any more for a bit. Looking at the book information this is what I should be doing: 'we permit ourselves to associate freely. Write down the first words that occur to us. Then what that makes us think of and following the train of thought wherever it goes.' Hmm, mine so far stack up as little descriptive stories and perhaps lack the freedom that I should be showing. Anyway it should...'take you into your deepest ideas, feelings and memories.' These can be developed in your work. So we'll see how these go as the course progresses

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.