Friday 24 February 2012

Ode To W N H

I'm feeling mischievous, in a post TMA submission kind of way. I penned this at the height of the 'we hate Bill' phase that happened sometime during the 'mid poetry phase'. I never subscribed to the campaign myself as I really rather like his chapter and found his style refreshing, but couldn't resist putting something down. I don't think it would be too taxing to continue beyond the final stanza by running through examples from the whole chapter, but I'm not going to - as I say, I feel affection not anger towards him.

Ode to Bill Herbert

I don't know why I'm tempted to talk about this now,
it’s something about you Bill, I feel I must avow.
I've completely read the chapter, about poetic things,
but you just can't seem to help me Bill, to write good stuff that swings.

But let me start with praise Bill, no-one escapes that
I loved that foxy limper, you thought was just a cat
staring at that ship Bill, slipping through the Tyne
your thoughts create so much Bill, a lot more so than mine

Your choice of fancy photos though seem really rather bland,
a picture of a lady with a tin pan in her hand,
how on Earth do you think, we can wax all lyrical,
a photo of a mother's pram? oh really, come on Bill!

And so on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.