Sunday 19 February 2012

One half mine, one half Stephen's

I have felt completely unsportsman-like by not blogging any poetry during the poetry section of A215. I avoided all urges real or imagined to show any to the Student Cafe and even refused to be a part of the tutorial which required some of my efforts to be shown. The reason, is that I simply don't have enough poems to run the risk of letting too many cats out of the bag. Once you've showed the world - even your most feeble efforts, you've blown it should you wish to use it or part of it when the TMAs come around. So in the spirit of this new openness, I will share my Stephen Fry exercise, even I couldn't imagine using this, who started off with the first two stanzas before I finished it off with my two. Well it's a start isn't it?

Now gather round and let me tell
The tale of Danny Wise
And how his sweet wife Annabelle
Did suck out both his eyes

And if I tell the story true
And if I tell it clear
There's not a mortal one of your
Won't shriek in mortal fear

This fear is one that's based on dread
Because of Annabelle
And guard your eyes well brother Fred
She wants your eyes as well

So if you want to keep your sight
You'd better tell some lies
About the fact that you can fight
Unlike poor Danny Wise

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.