Saturday 11 February 2012

Thoughts of the day

People are always asking me why my OU blog has been set to private. I have to tell them, though I'm not sure they believe me, that it's necessary due to not having an HTML editor functioning along side it which seems to preclude, among other things, paragraphing capabilities. The lack of spell and grammar check I can just about manage - might even be a help sometimes, particularly writing poetry (earnest face). But this lack of paragraphing (unless I spend ages and sweat droplets of that red frightening stuff creating little 'ps' and 'brs' and the like and hope that my efforts at coding are taken seriously) makes the writing look bad so, for the time being it stays as private as the contents of my underpants.

I had a look through the Study guide this morning as I'm conscious that I haven't been reading it at all lately. It makes grizzly reading for the reluctant student. Page after page of well meaning exercises, tests and advice. Most of which, nearly all of which, I have avoided. What will this mean ultimately I wonder? By ultimately I'm really referring to the course and its progression towards these next three TMAs, and of the EMA, the elephant that hangs out in my study playing old Louis Armstrong numbers whilst threatening to turn my chaise longue into matchwood. I still know nothing about the EMA - what I intend to do with it, how it's submitted etc. I shall for the time being ignore it. Like Jumbo, I know it's around, but it dosen't mean to say I give it or him any of my precious time until it's unavoidable.

That's my column done. More later. Diary of a reluctant poetry student who has still only written one poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.